Before Dawn by Joyce Cooling
I was a fan of soft jazz, but my good friend Liz McT was the one who really got me into this kind of music. I recently discovered Sky.fm, an internet-streaming music channel with dozens of fantastic channels. Their Soft Jazz channel was streaming this song (Before Dawn by Joyce Cooling) and I had to write down the name because it feels amazing to write to. Normally, I write listening to classical music as that enables me to focus but this song is fantastic, and thought I’d share.
EDIT – One additional thing that makes Joyce Cooling even cooler is that she supports mental health initiatives. Read from her wikipedia entry:
Although Cooling had been a long-time member of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Revolving Door signaled Cooling’s official involvement with NAMI as a national advocate for the organization. Joyce has performed at NAMI national and regional events across the country and Cooling and Wagner donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of their CDs to NAMI.
- Mental Health Week 2012 (May 7-13) Canadian Mental Health Association
- Not Myself Today Canada – a wonderful campaign to de-stigmatize mental health #NotMyselfToday
- Win a Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 gift pack via @hummingbird604
- Mental Illness Awareness Week (Oct 2-8th, 2011)
- The darkest hour is just before the dawn