12th Annual Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival
The power of social media, and specifically, Twitter… A couple of months ago, I was contacted by Jon Suk who invited me to the 12th Annual Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival 2011. I love Salt Spring Island, even though my last visit was short, I had a fantastic and peaceful time. Thus, I gladly and enthusiastically accepted. I flew over earlier today with the fantastic folks of Salt Spring Air, am staying at Hastings House (writeup forthcoming) and I will be off to the opening night gala in just a few minutes.
I will be watching some of the excellent documentaries that the film festival offers and will bring to you a series of reviews. Of course, being the travel blogger that I am, I will also be writing about local food outlets, things to do and places to see. I do plan to take a little bit of a leisurely time to enjoy as I know that I’ve been running myself ragged this year. Stay tuned for my coverage of the Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival and my posts on Salt Spring Island itself.
- Salt Spring Island Film Festival 2012 (March 2-4th)
- Salt Spring Island Cheese (Salt Spring Island, BC)
- Waste Land (2010) Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival 2011
- Blue Gold (2009) – Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival 2011
- Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls (2009) – Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival 2011