Lost Lake Park (Whistler, BC)
During our writing retreat, Mom and I were hoping to spend the whole day doing research and updating the book manuscript while at the Whistler Village. But when our laptop battery died, we decided to take a stroll around the village. We inquired about where we could go that wouldn’t require too much exertion (Mom has a bit of a knee injury and thus she can’t walk as fast or as far away as she normally would). We were told that there was a free shuttle to Lost Lake Park and that we would have a great time there. We took the shuttle from the main bus station at the Whistler Village, which took about 7 minutes to Lost Lake Park.
Given that it was a beautiful, warm day, the park was packed (there is a small sandy beach). There is (as my good friend Erin McConnell said) a small dog beach, something I found rather endearing. I read from the Lost Lake Park wikipedia entry that it used to be a nude sunbathing beach (a la Wreck Beach).
This will be my hangout for the summer, let me tell you.
- Annual Flag Stop Theatre & Arts Festival (August 11th) by The Point Artist-Run Centre Society at Alta Lake, Whistler, BC
- Lost Lake Park (Whistler, BC)
- Arbutus Village Public Park (Arbutus Ridge)
- Latin Summer Festival 2010 at Trout Lake (John Hendry Park)
- Trout Lake, the Farmers Market and bloggers on the loose