#TravelTuesday Get away to Quadra Island for Tastes of April Point 2012 (contest) #TAPHB604
You *MUST* have read of my most fabulous weekend in Quadra Island last year when I participated in the fantastic Tastes of April Point 2011. Tastes of April Point is a fantastic weekend of food, wine, and relaxation. If you have never stayed at April Point Resort, you are definitely missing out. I can tell you this because I have, in fact, enjoyed Tastes of April Point before (and will again this year!).
This fall, from September 14 to 16, 2012 Tastes of April Point will be showcasing some biodynamic wines paired with amazing food. Wines from the Rodney Strong Portfolio will include: Charlotte’s Home Sauvignon Blanc, Chalk Hill Chardonnay, Russian River Pinot Noir, Knotty Vines Zinfandel & Alexander Valley Sauvignon.
Guests will be able to walk around the property exploring all the weekend’s events, including a selection of local cheeses, an exploration of Mediterranean flavours through the olive, a wine crushing and oyster tasting event, a presentation on bean-to-bar chocolates with perfect pairings and an exotic tea session. The weekend is topped off with a luxurious Sunday brunch.
Weekend Package – $389 includes
* Two nights’ accommodation in an oceanview room
* Island wines and local cheese tasting on Friday
* Exotic tea session on Saturday morning
* Mediterranean olive tasting
* Wine crush and oyster slush
* Biodynamic wine seminar
* Chocolate tastings with dessert wines
* 5 Course paired dinner on Saturday night
* Brunch on Sunday
You can book online or calling April Point Resort at 1-800-663-7090. And I have a fantastic giveaway for a lucky reader of mine: Weekend for two at Tastes, including flights on Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to Campbell River, and all transfers to the resort.. An amazing prize, as you can tell.
April Point Resort & Spa is a west coast oasis tucked into a protected cove on Quadra Island. The resort’s rooms and cabins are nestled in the trees and each have beautiful ocean views. Guests spend time in the Aveda Spa, explore Quadra Island on interpretive tours or get to know the area’s spectacular residents on wildlife tours. Or, they simply sit back and let the stresses of the world slip away. From Vancouver take the ferry to Nanaimo and take the Island Highway to Campbell River. (We recommend taking the Old Island Highway which hugs the scenic coast and takes you through the island’s charming villages.) From Campbell River either take the free 10 minute water shuttle from Painter’s Lodge or BC Ferries’ 10 minute ferry to Quadra Island.
To enter my giveaway, readers can follow one (or all) of the following methods (a comment on this blog post is mandatory to earn a second and further entries):
1) Comment on my blog entry telling me which one of the Oak Bay Marine Group resorts you would want to visit and why. I do have a soft spot for April Point Resort on Quadra Island, where Tastes of April Point takes place, but do definitely want to check out their other resorts.
2) Comment on my pin of this post on Pinterest, also telling me which OBMG resort you’d like to visit and why.
3) Repin my pin of this post on Pinterest.
4) Post the following text on your Twitter stream:
Told @hummingbird604 an @obmg resort I want 2 check out http://is.gd/Gs0ZX5 2 enter 2 win a Tastes of April Point grand prize #TAPHB604
Total value of this contest is in the range of $1,500 (prize pack, times two plus airfares and transportation). It does not include tips nor gratuities, nor additional beverages other than those included with each Tastes of April Point activity. As with any of my contests that involve wine, you MUST be of legal drinking age to participate in this contest. Flights to Campbell River will depart Vancouver, and therefore transportation to and from the city of Vancouver for out-of-the-city and out-of-province winners will be their own responsibility.
I will have this contest active for 2 weeks, and will draw winners on August 21st, 2012 at 2pm. Any entries AFTER the deadline will be voided. Good luck everyone! And if you don’t win, you totally should still check out Tastes of April Point, it’s an amazing event with great value. You can read my full coverage of last year’s event here.
- House of Atypical Pairings at April Point Resort (Quadra Island, Tastes of April Point 2011)
- Quadra Island (Discovery Islands, British Columbia)
- April Point Resort and Spa (Quadra Island, BC)
- Paired Wine-Food Dinner with Ingo Grady at April Point Resort (Quadra Island)
- Tastes of April Point 2011 at April Point Resort & Spa (Quadra Island)