Blue Chips Cookies (UBC)
Almost every morning, as I head out of the swimming pool and towards my office, I stop by Blue Chips Cookies at The University of British Columbia (UBC) for a coffee or a tea (I know, I’m riddled with guilt every morning). Being able to visit Blue Chips has brought me many good memories from when I was a graduate student. I started teaching at UBC in 2006 and have always kept Blue Chips in my heart.
I am a big supporter of student-run businesses, so that’s why instead of going to Starbucks or any of the other on-campus coffee outlets, I usually get my caffeine fix at Blue Chips. The one thing I don’t buy there is my chocolate chunk banana bread muffin, which I buy at The Deli (downstairs too at the Student Union Building, SUB).
Blue Chips serves only fair trade coffee and charges an environmental tax if you don’t bring your own mug but offers an environmental discount if you do.
- Blue Monday and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Blue Gold (2009) – Salt Spring Island Documentary Film Festival 2011
- Cookies Of Course (Downtown, Harbour Centre)
- Win tickets to Blue Surge (theatre)
- The Delly (UBC Point Grey)