Today is my 3 year blogiversary
I am brewing a contest to celebrate (and thanks to Gary Jones from BlueFur for stepping up to the plate and sponsoring), but with MHC coming up, I am just overwhelmed. Small factoids you might want to consider:
- When I started blogging, I used Blogger (Blogspot). I now use a self-hosted install of WordPress.
- I moved from Blogger to WP.com to WP.org. I would recommend to just stay with a self-hosted install of WP. It’s so much more convenient.
- I am geeky enough now that I do all my HTML coding by hand. I even know how to tweak a thing or two in my CSS.
- I upload my own plugins and some of them I can manipulate the settings. I know, this isn’t a big deal for many people, but hey I don’t work in the tech industry, so it *is* a big deal for me.
- My readership grew 3,000 times from the day I started to today. Yes, sir, that’s right.
- While WP reports only 1580 posts, I’ve written many, many more. This blog has received 3,472 comments in the period since I moved to WP.com (March 2008).
- I have Blogathoned twice (2007 and 2008).
- I started using Twitter a year ago (April 2008). My readership has increased as my use of Twitter has increased.
- I’ve presented at 1 blogging conference (Northern Voice 2009), helped organize two other conferences associated with social media and am now the co-organizer of Mental Health Camp.
- I have tested the social media tools and now have a research blog as well.
More importantly, I still find blogging cathartic, fun and relaxing. And remember, while I love the fact that you find my musings fun to read, or interesting, I blog for myself. That will NEVER change.
Happy 3 year blogiversary to me!
- My 8th blogiversary was this week. And I’m back…
- It is my 4 year blogiversary, and what did blogging bring me?
- My 3 year blogiversary is on Thursday, April 23rd, 2009
- Happy New Year – Welcome to 2009!
- My 2 year blogaversary is today, April 23rd.