Vote for me?!

Yeah, you read right. I am not sure about how to feel about being in competition :) I’m always a bit shy/nervous/uncomfortable about asking people for votes. Shameless self-promotion is not really a trait of mine (except when it comes to UrbanSpoon, hehehe). This time, I’m flattered by the attention but also a tad embarrassed to do self-promotion, particularly as I am in great company in all cases. I am grateful for all the votes regardless :)

In the first one, I made the final round of voting on the HotBloggerCalendar (Guys). Pretty self-explanatory :)Tyler Ingram is also in the ballot!

In the second one, I have been nominated in the Vancouver Election Blog Contest. A large portion of my content is Vancouver-centric (particularly restaurant reviews) and I’d like to believe that I highlight Vancouver’s environmental (and other municipal) issues. I am passionate about poverty alleviation, fighting homelessness and reducing environmental damages, so I am honored to be part of this ballot, which includes a number of really good Vancouver bloggers, some of whom I consider friends of mine.

So feel free to vote as your heart tells you (though I’d also be forever grateful if you voted for me!) and thanks in advance. I would also like to congratulate my fellow contestants in both contests (sorry, that sounded cacophonic), I’m honored to be in your company.

1. On @Translink and promoting the vote on buses/Skytrain/Canada Line
  2. UBC Vote Mob: Rock Your Vote! Wed Apr 20th 12:00-14:00

crunchy carpetsAugust 25th, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Awesome my man….way cool!

You are out there…Seriously..Vancouver can never lose you ..nor can Vancouver Bloggers…

PhaedraAugust 25th, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Awesome Raul. You work really hard at what you do and putting yourself out there on a limb. You know where my vote(s) are going :)

Tyler IngramAugust 26th, 2008 at 6:44 am

I voted for Raul too! He’s got 9 (i have 2 lol) so keep the votes coming for him!

Urban DwellerAugust 26th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

You got my vote. This is a great blog and I’ll continue to vote for it.

RaulAugust 26th, 2008 at 5:40 pm

Thanks guys, very flattered, very honored as well :)

RebeccaAugust 27th, 2008 at 9:13 am

I think I have to echo what Darren said on Twitter – sounds like link bait. Did anyone hear of this Hot Blogger site before this contest? Does anyone know who those people are? Who knows, maybe even Hummingbird604.com got more visits before they put up this little contest. Do they pay for you to fly to NYC for the “photo shoot”?
*grumble* I voted for you because I’ve hardly heard of anyone else on there.

(And no, this ain’t sour grapes, I actually found myself on there too – but I ain’t gonna blog it :-P )

RebeccaAugust 27th, 2008 at 1:49 pm

Err I didn’t mean that to sound like “i only voted for you because i don’t know anyone else” – I’d totally vote for you regardless!!!